WordCamp RI is putting out the last call for speakers for our WordCamp to be held September 25 and 26, 2015 at the New England Institute of Technology in East Greenwich, RI.
The deadline for submitting your speaker application is August 31, 2015.
We are interested in speakers for all aspects of WordPress.
Your topic can include sessions for:
• Personal use
• Those who want to tweak how their site looks
• Those who want to do backend coding
• Those who want help putting the best content possible on their website/blog
• Etc. etc.
Here’s the link to apply:
If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
We encourage you to submit talks that we haven’t even thought of!
With that in mind, it might still be helpful for you to know what attendees have told us they would like to have as some of the session topics:
- Theme development
- Custom themes
- Commercial themes
- Child themes
- Plugin development
- Getting the most out of Yoast SEO Plug-In
- WordPress SEO
- Using WordPress in Education
- Putting an academic or business portfolio on WordPress
- Creating quality content for the website
- Finding the time to have a good online strategy/ Online Time Management
- Project Management
- Mobile delivery
- Working locally
- Installing and managing multisites
- WP Automatic Upgrades
- Via wp-config file or filters? Does that change depending on the client?
- Which combination works best? Core only? Core + plugins? Core + plugins + themes? Core + plugins + themes + translation files?
- Which type is best? Minor only? Minor + development? Minor + development + Major?
Tickets are now on sale at: https://2015.rhodeisland.wordcamp.org/tickets/
And stay-tuned to this website for the latest developments!
Follow us at: